With the relaunch of our On Call Babysitting service, we have put in place new guidelines to help ensure the health and safety of our nannies and families.
Health Requirements: Nannies and Families are required to be 100% healthy at the booking. This means that if you develop or have the following symptoms, you will not be allowed to work as a nanny or have a nanny in your home if you are a family:
- Runny nose
- Sore throat
Families and nannies will need to practice good hygiene, including:
- Regular hand washing for at least 20 seconds – when you first arrive and frequently during the booking.
- Avoiding touching your face.
- No hand shaking or hugging.
- All high touch surfaces will be disinfected frequently and regularly
- Nannies may be required to use a non-medical mask or face covering by the client. If the client requires the nanny to wear a mask during the booking, this must be stated at the time of booking so the nanny is aware and comfortable with this. Nannies are responsible for their own masks.
- Nannies will take off their shoes off before entering house
- Nannies may want to have a change of clothes, especially if they are taking public transit.
- No sharing food/nannies must bring their own snacks/meals.
- Nannies will not bring any toys, games or books into the families home.
- Clients are responsible for providing appropriate disinfecting supplies for nannies to use in their homes. Clients will need to communicate specific disinfection requests with the Nanny.
Working with one or multiple families: Nannies on Call will be limiting the number of families nannies are able to work with.
Cancellation due to illness: If a client cancels a booking due to illness, no cancellation fee applies and the nanny affected will not get the cancellation fee. If a nanny cancels due to illness, they will have to let the agency know immediately by calling the office and we will notify the client. We will do our best to replace the nanny, however it may not be possible due to COVID-19.
We are doing our best to provide on call services during this difficult time. We understand that due to school closures and a general lack of childcare across Canada, on call nanny services may be in high demand. We will do our best to help as many families as possible. Please note that our policies and ability to provide this service may change based on Government Regulations and the spread of COVID-19.
We’re hopeful about the future!