During these unprecedented times, families are struggling with the ever changing challenges that COVID-19 is bringing to everyone’s life. Children are home from school indefinitely and parents are working from home. How are parents expected to get it all done? How will the children continue to receive an education?
Nannies on Call has been working to come up with solutions that will assist families in need of childcare to ease some of the pressure. We understand that there is stress and concern surrounding having nannies come in and out of families homes and we feel we have come up with a solution.
Following conversation with our pre-screened nannies, effective immediately, Nannies on Call will be offering temporary placements with a live in option on a week by week or month to month basis. Families will have the peace of mind of having a nanny that has been thoroughly pre-screened, but who will also self-isolate together with a family.
All nannies are:
- Over 19, Clear Criminal Record Check, First Aid/CPR certified, interviewed by Nannies on Call, Verified References, minimum 2 years childcare experience, legally authorized to work in Canada.
- Have not traveled in the past 14 days
- Have not shown any signs of illness
- Available for video interviews before hiring
- Can self-isolate for two weeks before starting with the family
Parents will need to:
- Provide a dedicated bedroom (with a bed), which is not shared with anyone else in the home.
- Understand that the nanny is working a set number of hours. If they are asked to work additional hours or be alone with the children outside of these hours, they should be paid accordingly for this extra time.
- Know that overtime rules will still apply.
- Hire the nanny as an employer and make the required tax payments to the CRA, even for short-term contracts.
This is not a typical live-in nanny situation. This is a small band aid solution to the ever growing concerns of having people coming and going, taking transit to work etc. This will allow some peace of mind for parents that have the coverage that they need to be able to work during this crisis.