As the days get longer and the kids are out of school, you may find yourself trying to find different activities for your children to keep them entertained.
We like to mix up different day camps, activities to do as a family, and some small road trips.
Here are a list of fun activities around the Vancouver and lower mainland area that you can enjoy with your children
- Explore Tsawwassen mills – although you may want to get your shop on, the children can enjoy certain events such as this one hosted by the Vancouver Aquarium.
- Bowling – on soggy days, why not gather the whole family and knock some pins down?
- An overnight trip to whistler
- Terra Nova Park
- Harrison Hot Springs
- Maple Ridge Waterpark
- Rollerblading along the seawall in Stanley Park
- Bike rides along the boardwalk – White Rock Beach
- Skateboarding / scootering at a skatepark
- Trampoline park
- Berry picking
- Go karting
- Exit room
- Indoor climbing
- Picnic at Queens Park
- Beach day – Centennial Beach
- Cultus Lake Adventure Park
- Maplewood Farm on the North Shore
- Burnaby Village
- Visit various famer’s markets
- Fish hatchery
- Movie night
- Granville Island Kids Market
- Catch a nooner at the Canadian’s home field
I realize there are well over 30 days of summer break, but it is important to balance out activity with home days in between. Children also need rest and what better way than by playing outside, building forts, playing with friends, playing in a splash pool, watch a movie, play board games, read and doing crafts!
Have fun, cross of the activities you do together as a family and enjoy the heat.
Lisa Bruce has been successfully placing nannies in family homes for over 10 years. She has extensive experience with negotiating and drawing up contracts and understands the needs of parents as she is a mom to 2 awesome kids, ages 11 & 7 yrs.