8 effective ways to help you get rid of stress. You can do these steps easily whether you are at home, at work or on the move.
- Breathe – Slow, deep breaths can greatly decrease blood pressure and heart rate. This diversion also gives your mind something to focus on. Let the breaths to enter deeply and exhale fully.
- Listen – Listen to a soothing music, hum, or sing! This technique helps to slow down your pulse and reduce feeling of pressure.
- Massage – Massage a part of your body that feels tight or in pain. Press it firmly and hold, releasing when the muscle feels more relaxed.
- Organize – Clean up your work desk or your room. Unorganized environment creates stress which we may not be aware of.
- Close your eyes – Take a quick break from a busy environment by just lowering your eyelids. It’s an easy way to regain calmness and focus.
- Pat Cold Water – Pat cold water to any part of your body that feels tight or great tension. Cooling these areas helps calm your whole body as well.
- Walk or Stretch – If you are working at a desk, set a reminder to take a short break to stand & stretch or take a mini-walkabout inside the office or around the house.
- Happy Thoughts – Think of your loved ones, friends, vacation or anything that make you feel relaxed and happy.
Keep Calm and Relax 🙂