Here is a fun and tasty activity to do with the kiddies around Easter time!
- 1/4 teaspoon water
- 2 to 4 drops green food coloring
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) Marshmallows
- 4 cups Miniature Marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg’s Rice Krispies cereal
- Miniature Marshmallows
- Jelly beans
- Chocolate eggs
1. In small bowl stir together water and green food coloring. Add coconut. Stir until coconut is tinted. Spread on baking sheet to dry.
2. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
3. Add Rice Krispies cereal. Stir until well coated.
4. Divide warm mixture into sixteen 2 1/2-inch muffin-pan cups coated with cooking spray. Shape mixture into individual cups. Cool. Remove from pans.
5. Fill cooled nests with coconut, marshmallows, jelly beans or chocolate eggs. Best if served the same day.
Follow step 1 above. In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 3 thru 5 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
*For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
*1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
*Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container. To freeze unfilled cups, place in single layer on wax paper in airtight container. Freeze for up to 6 weeks. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before filling.
Recipe website can be found at:
Written By Jennifer Kelly:
Originally from Halifax, Jennifer joined Nannies on Call in 2008 as a booking agent and since then has been involved in all avenues that Nannies on Call has to offer – from nannying to office work, if you have a question about anything NOC related, there’s a strong chance she can answer it! She has her Bachelor of Education from UBC and an undergraduate degree in Kinesiology from StFX. She also loves to travel, having explored parts of Europe, Australia, Mexico, the Caribbean and Asia!