So, I was really skeptical the first time I tried these, as my son is really not a big fan of green veggies yet. But, I was pleasantly surprised to find that his obsession with pancakes won out over his hate for greens! These are delicious and such a huge hit in our house, I had to share with you all! Anyone will love them, but they’ll be especially revered in a “no greens for me, momma!” kind of household!
Spinach Pancakes (recipe from Weelicious)
1 cup packed fresh spinach
1 cup buttermilk
1 large egg
1 tablespoon oil
1 cup white whole wheat flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. In a blender, combine the spinach, buttermilk, egg, and oil and blend until smooth.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients.
3. Whisk the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined.
4. Heat a large pan or griddle over medium heat and grease with butter or oil.
5. Pour about 1 tablespoon of the pancake mixture onto the griddle, making as many pancakes as will fit and cook for 2 minutes.
6. Flip the pancakes and cook for one minute longer and serve.