Here is fun, great tasting cookie recipe to make with the little ones during the holidays.
- 1 Cup butter, softened
- 1 ¾ cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 96 miniature pretzels
- 96 M&M’s miniature
- 48 small ref gumdrops
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Divide dough into eight portions cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion into a 6-in. circle; cut into six wedges. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Press in pretzels for antlers, M&M’s for eyes and a gum drop for the nose.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 7-9 minutes or until set. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks. Store in an airtight container.
Written by: Jennifer, recipe from Taste of Home. A baking addict who loves to try out the special edition recipes from Taste of Home collections, particularly fond of the holiday editions.