On Call nannies with Nannies On Call have the best job in the world. They get to meet and care for a variety of delightful children, and they do so on their own schedule. Whether you’re balancing other activities like part-time work, studies, or travel, being a nanny with Nannies On Call gives you the flexibility to work when you are available.
Whether you’re thinking about becoming one of our On Call nannies, or whether you’re a new recruit, there are some things to keep in mind that will help make your work with us a smooth, positive, and rewarding experience. Here are some tips to help you make the most of being an extraordinary babysitter with Nannies On Call:
1. Let us know when you are available to work. Once you become a nanny with us, you will have access to the job board, where you will be able to browse and request available jobs. You can also update your availability online to let the booking agents when you are free to take jobs; or you can also call or email them directly. If you wake up wake up the morning and are free to work, let us know! We often get last minute calls from families looking for nannies early in the morning, and we will call you to offer you the booking if we know you are available.
2. Organization is key! Keep a calendar (electronic or the paper kind) of all your Nannies On Call bookings, along with all your other commitments. We send you an email confirmation of each job you are booked for, so you know exactly when you are working. We also send you an email when a job you are booked for is cancelled. It’s very important that you keep track of all your appointments and mark your calendar accordingly. When in doubt, call the office and we can go over your job schedule together, or you can also email yourself a list of your upcoming confirmed bookings from the job board page.
3. In sickness and in health. Illness comes when you least expect it and we understand. The key is communication. Please call the office as soon as you realize you may not be able to work due to illness. The sooner you let us know, the more time we have to contact the client and find your replacement. If you need to reach us after hours, please use the emergency number on the job board page. If you need to stop working due to an extended illness, we can remove you from the On Call list, and add you back again once you are ready to work.
4. You need a break? We understand. Sometimes you need a nanny break, even if you’re not sick. Want to travel? Exams coming up? Do you have other work keeping you busy? No problem! Just call or email the office to let us know, and we can remove you from the On Call list temporarily, and add you back again once you are ready to work.
5. Keep in touch. Whether it’s in person, by phone, or by email, we look forward to speaking with you regularly. Please share your feedback, and let us know of any questions you may have. If you’re moving, or going on holiday, let us know and will keep your file up to date.