We believe that an extraordinary nanny is one that is professional, positive, ready for the day, and takes pride in nurturing and inspiring the children in her care. As a nanny, you put in a lot of work and energy into being the best nanny you can be, which is precisely why every great nanny values her time off.
For many working nannies, a day off is a time to catch up on personal chores, but it should also be a time of renewal and rest. Here are some of the things our nannies enjoy doing on their time off:
- Catch up on sleep – Science says you can’t really ‘catch up’ on lost sleep, but sleeping a few more hours on your day off is just one of life’s simple pleasures. Enjoy it!
- Get some fresh air – If you’ve been cooped up at home with the children, or you have just not had a chance to get outside, your day off is the perfect day to get out there. A city walk or a hike in the woods. Pop some music in and clear your mind!
- Listen to your favourite music – Speaking of music, whether you enjoy calming tunes or upbeat songs, music can greatly enhance your mood and help recharge your spirits.
- Catch up on your reading – Whether it’s books or magazines, reading a great way to escape your daily routine. Dive into reading!
- Touch base with your friends and family – Because our busy work schedules often keep us from connecting with the people that matter to us on a regular basis, taking the time to touch base with our loved ones when we have a bit more time to chat is time well spent.
- Stock up on nutritious food and snacks – Loading up on fruits & veggies, and drinking plenty of water will revitilize you from the inside out. This is also a great time to think of the food and treats you will need during your work days. A hungry nanny is the worst!
How do you unwind on your day off? Let us know in the comments!