We enlisted the help of our extraordinary On Call nannies and did a little digging in their nanny bags. We discovered a world of creativity and preparation! If you are a new nanny with Nannies On Call or a current nanny looking for new ideas to refresh your nanny bag, have a look at some of the things your fellow nannies carry in their amazing nanny bags.
What kinds of things can you bring if you are caring for babies?
- Baby K’tan Carrier (Perfect for going on an outdoor walk, with mom’s permission of course!)
- Board books (You can get them at your local bookstore, thrift store, or public library.)
- Puppets (We hear Costco has a great deal on a 4-pack.)
- Toys without small parts
What about if the children you are looking after are toddlers?
- Bubbles (This is a nanny bag staple!)
- Board books and books on CD
- Plastic shapes for matching and sorting games
- Duplo blocks
- Soft cloth ball for playing catch or to roll across the floor
- Finger painting kit
- CDs with children’s music for sing-along or dance-along; calming lullabies
More nanny bag ideas to come soon! What’s in YOUR nanny bag? Leave us a comment and let us know!