We have all been in that situation where you’re in the midst of colouring, creating a beautiful master piece and a crayon snaps! Take those broken bits and pieces and create a colourful, self-made crayon in fun and different shapes.
What you will need…
- Tin pan. We suggest one with different shapes, such as hearts or stars.
- The broken pieces of crayon.
- Knife or scissors (to cut the crayon pieces smaller).
Step by Step…
- Take broken crayon pieces and break them into pea-size pieces (using the scissors or knife).
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees
- Fill the tins with pieces of crayon. Be creative and think of how the colours will mix!
- Bake until the wax has melted (approximately 15 to 20 minutes long).
- Once it has cooled, pop out the crayon pieces! (If the pieces stick, place the tin pan in the freezer for an hour)
VIOLA! You have used recycled crayons into use, creating a colourful, fun and usable crayon!