April showers may bring May flowers, but also stir crazy children. This is no problem for a creative and organized super nanny.
Just because it’s raining, it doesn’t mean you have stay cooped up indoors all day. A rainy day is an opportunity, never a problem!
Here are a few fun activities you and your little ones can enjoy on a rainy (or any day, really):
- Visit your local library and/or bookstore – because there’s nothing like reading, people watching and even enjoying some educational computer games for free!
- How about some indoor swimming, skating or bowling – all fun ways to get your exercise ON.
- Be a tourist in your own city – visit your local museums, art galleries, aquarium.
- Go on a photo nature/city walk – zip up your raincoat, grab an umbrella and your camera (or camera phone), and head to your local park, garden, beach or just wander around the city and take photos of everything you see.
- You can print the photos later, and then put together a photo album or collage – save that task for another rainy day.
- Plan a cooking or baking activity – the activity can begin with choosing a recipe together, followed by a visit to the grocery store or public market to get all the ingredients, and then coming home to put it all together. The idea is to engage and involve the children in the whole process, which makes the eating part more delicious and enjoyable.
- Create an indoor sandbox – it’s super easy! Just lay down an old blanket or sheet on the floor, and fill a shallow bin or box full of sand, and you’ve got yourself an indoor sandbox!
- Veg out – snack and a movie, anyone?
What are some of your favourite rainy day activities? Share them with us in the comments!