Professional telephone manner is very important as it is often a first and lasting impression of who you are. Whether answering a call or making one, be sure to do the following things to ensure you are coming across pleasant, polished and professional at all times.
- Included a greeting; introduce yourself and the purpose of your call: “Hello, my name is Susan and I was hoping to speak to someone about applying to your agency.”
- Be sure to speak slow enough so that the other person can understand your name and the purpose of your call.
- If leaving a voice message repeat your contact information for the other person: “I can be reached at 604-734-1776, again its Susan at 604-734-1776.”
- Refrain from using slang, foul language and always remain polite.
- Be aware of your tone and simply smile when you speak.
These tips will ensure you are representing yourself in the most extraordinary way!