When Stephanie Reitsma from Nannies on Call saw this blog post by Mollie from Wild Olive she wanted to share it with our families and nannies right away. It is a extremely cute, easy and fun game to play with kids. Also it would be a great addition to any nanny bag!
Here’s what you’ll need:
– PB&J template [download the PDF here]
– felt in cream, light brown and purple (or the jelly color of your choice!)
– embroidery floss in tan and black
- Using the templates, cut out all of the pieces.
- Embroider faces onto the bread with black floss. (After all, this is a Wild Olive project, and I like things with faces!)
- Use a running stitch to sew around two bread pieces with tan floss. Repeat for each set.
- Sew a cube, with matching colors on opposite sides of the cube, and leave a small opening. Add just enough stuffing to keep its shape, then sew closed.
- Take turns rolling the die to collect pieces and assemble your sandwich in order. The colors of the die indicate which piece you get on your roll.
- You must start with a piece of bread, then add peanut butter and jelly in any order, then finish with a piece of bread (with a face!).
- The first one to complete their PB&J sandwich wins!
Thank you to Mollie from Wild Olive for allowing us to post her game idea on our blog. We love it!