Hiring a nanny can be affordable. You just need to be aware what the factors are involved in a nannies salary. Here are some of the costs to think about.
- Where you live in the country will affect the base rate. ($8 – $15 per hour)
- Do you need a nanny with an education degree? $3 extra per hour
- Do you need a nanny to drive? $2 extra per hour
- Do you need a nanny to cook? $2 per hour extra
- Do you need a nanny to clean? $3 extra per hour
- Do you need a nanny to family errands? $2 extra per hour
The above examples are estimates for a live out nanny, live in rates are different due to room and board. For a full time live out nanny who drives the kids to activities, helps with homework, cleans the house, picks up groceries and preps dinner, you can expect $20 – $25+ per hour. Having a nanny can still be affordable; you may just have to trim back some of your expectations or get creative. Could you share your super nanny with another family? Maybe you could have the nanny take the bus with the children instead of hiring a nanny with a drivers licence and a car.